Under general supervision of a Professional Engineer, reviews engineering plans and specifications for wastewater disposal systems, onsite septic systems, livestock waste control facilities and public water supply systems or other environmental programs as necessary.
· Reviews facility plans, plans and specifications, construction, operational plans, operator training, and/or operation of water supply systems, wastewater treatment plants, onsite septic systems, and/or other equipment/facilities as requested to determine compliance with State and federal laws, regulations, and policies.
· Works with consulting engineers to obtain appropriate information necessary to conduct evaluation.
· Conducts on-site inspection of assigned equipment and/or facilities to determine compliance of the systems with approved plans and specifications and with State and federal requirements.
· Compiles statistics, charts and tables of findings, interprets findings, and prepares reports or correspondence to present findings to agency staff, consulting engineers, and owners/operators of facilities.
· Confers with and provides technical assistance to local boards of health, municipal officials, industrial officials, consulting engineers, and the general public to alleviate environmental hazards and/or eliminate health hazards.
· Collects samples and specimens in the field for laboratory analysis and interprets laboratory analysis.
· Conducts or assists in training programs for water and wastewater treatment plant operators.
· Presents talks to lay and professional groups.
· Attends meetings of associations and organizations concerned with environmental and/or health issues as a representative of the agency.