The Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants Fund provides grants to assist in financing sound integrated waste management programs and projects. These programs and projects include, but are not limited to:
- Market development for recyclable materials;
- Intermediate processing facilities;
- Facilities using recyclable materials in new products;
- Yard waste composting and composting with sewage sludge;
- Waste reduction and materials exchange;
- Household hazardous waste programs;
- Consolidation of solid waste disposal facilities and use of transfer stations; and
- Incineration for energy recovery.
Also, the Scrap Tire Management Grant Program is administered through the Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants Program. Follow this link for more information about the Scrap Tire Management Grant Program.
Grants are funded through three sources:
I. Business Fee
II. Disposal Fee
III. Tire Fee
What it is: A fee of $1 is charged on each new tire sold in Nebraska.
How the fee is used: NDEE’s Waste Reduction and Recycling Grants Program allocates the first $1 million to the Scrap Tire Management Program. The remainder can be used for other Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grant projects.
Who is eligible: Political subdivisions or other entities or organizations, public, private or non-profit.
Who to Contact: NDEE’s Waste Reduction and Recycling Program, (402) 471-2480
Deadline: The deadline for the award process is on the Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grant Application.
Partial Reimbursement For Purchase of Tire-Derived Products And/or Crumb Rubber
Approximately $3.4 million is available annually from these revenue sources.
Related waste grant links
Nebraska Department of Environment & Energy
Planning and Aid Unit - Grant Section
245 Fallbrook Blvd.
PO Box 98922
Lincoln, NE 68509-8922
Toll Free: 877-253-2603