The Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants Fund provides grants to assist in financing sound integrated waste management programs and projects. These programs and projects include, but are not limited to:
- Recycling systems;
- Market development for recyclable materials;
- Intermediate processing facilities;
- Facilities using recyclable materials in new products;
- Yard waste composting and composting with sewage sludge;
- Waste reduction and materials exchange;
- Household hazardous waste programs;
- Consolidation of solid waste disposal facilities and use of transfer stations; and
- Incineration for energy recovery.
Also, the Scrap Tire Management Grant Program is administered through the Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants Program. Click here for more information about the Scrap Tire Management Grant Program.
Grants are funded through three sources:
I. Business Fee
II. Disposal Fee
III. Tire Fee
Approximately $3.4 million is available annually from these revenue sources.Related waste grant links:
Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
Waste Management Division, Planning and Aid Unit
245 Fallbrook Blvd.
PO Box 98922
Lincoln, NE 68509-8922
Toll Free: 877-253-2603