Project Name: GIS/GPS Mapping and Well Cap Project
Project Sponsor: Village of Paxton
Award Amount: $7,786
- Map Village of Paxton’s drinking water infrastructure using GIS/GPS.
- Decommission an inactive drinking water well and deconstruct the dilapidated well house structure.
- Mail residents informational brochure on nitrates and give tours of the wells and water storage facility to the local schools.
Project Name: Source Water Protection Project
Project Sponsor: City of Wayne
Award Amount: $21,500
- Develop a wellhead protection plan.
- Establish a wellhead protection area ordinance.
- Educate the community about drinking water protection by Test Your Well Night, town hall meetings and a community workshop.
- Decommission abandoned wells.
- Provide cost-share to farmers, within the wellhead protection area, for deep soil sampling as a means to manage fertilizer loading.