|2021 Waste, Litter, and Scrap Tire grant applications accepted August 13 – September 10
LINCOLN – Grants for the 2021 Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy (NDEE) Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive, Litter Reduction and Recycling, and Scrap Tire programs can be submitted from August 13 - September 10, 2020 (4 p.m. CST). The grant term will be January 1 - December 31, 2021. Grant decisions will be announced in December 2020.
The application guidance document has been updated to clarify eligible reimbursements for personnel and other expenses. See the updated version of this guidance at: http://deq.ne.gov/publica.nsf/pages/WAS075.
A technical guide with instruction on how to use the Waste and Litter grant application software can be found at: http://deq.ne.gov/publica.nsf/pages/WAS066.
The link to our application is: http://ecmp.nebraska.gov/DEE-WGS/. Please see the technical guide for instructions.
Eligible grant projects include, but are not limited to:
Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants
- Recycling systems and equipment – Equipment used in integrated solid waste programs and projects, such as balers, shredders, densifiers, and trucks/trailers to collect recyclables
- Food and yard waste composting – brush chippers, tub grinders, compost turners, and compost screens
- Household hazardous waste, electronic waste, and pharmaceutical collection events
- School chemical cleanouts
- Market development for recycled materials
- Deconstruction of abandoned buildings (available to cities or counties with a population of 5,000 or less)
Scrap Tire Grants
- 50% reimbursement of crumb rubber for rubber modified asphalt, manufacturing, landscaping or playground mulch
- 25% reimbursement of mats or tiles for playgrounds, poured-in-place playground surfaces, athletic tracks, and artificial turf football, soccer, and baseball fields
- 100% reimbursement of the cost of scrap tire cleanup events (political subdivisions, only)
- 50% reimbursement of capital costs for processing, manufacturing, collection, and transporting scrap tires
- Cost-sharing for civil engineering uses ($20/ton)
Litter Reduction and Recycling Grants
- Public Education – funding to promote recycling and litter reduction awareness through educational activities and programs
- Cleanup – funding for cleanup activities on public spaces and roadways
- Recycling – funding for equipment and operating expenses
Illegal Dumpsite Cleanup Program
- Available year-round to political subdivisions for illegal dumpsites along a road right-of-way. There are no deadlines for applications. The applications are currently received on paper.
For more information or to discuss a project, contact:
All programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waste Reduction & Recycling Incentive Grants – 402-471-3457
Scrap Tire Grants – 402-471-2480
Litter Reduction & Recycling Grants – 402-471-4242
Illegal Dumpsite Cleanup Grants – 402-471-2436
Web site: http://dee.ne.gov