LOW INTEREST DOLLAR & ENERGY SAVINGS LOAN PROGRAM
Month ending 02/29/20
Prior Month ending 01/31/20
Quarter ending 03/31/20
Fiscal Year ending 06/30/20
Fiscal Year ending 6/30/19
Total Energy Office Loans Outstanding Feb. 29, 2020
Total Energy Office Loans 1990 thru Feb 29, 2020
- NDEE and DHHS announced that the public health advisory system has been activated, as the Flint Hills burning season in Kansas and Oklahoma has begun and will continue through April. Smoke advisories will be issued when conditions make it likely that the smoke could affect air quality in parts of Nebraska.
- From May through September, NDEE will conduct weekly sampling of public beaches for Harmful Algal Blooms. Based on new EPA standards, Nebraska’s health alert level has been changed from 20 ppb to 8 ppb of the toxin microcystin, to respond to the growing nationwide issue of blue green algae. The agency is developing public outreach to keep the public informed on these changes.
- NDEE awarded $1.8 million in rebates for new Electric Vehicle charging stations at 35 locations across the state. These rebates reimburse costs for Level 2 chargers and Direct Current Faster Chargers in 18 counties.
- NDEE awarded more than $950,000 through its Clean Diesel Rebate Program, which provides rebates to replace older diesel truck engines and irrigation pump diesel engines. Rebates were awarded for eight trucks and 21 diesel irrigation engines.
- NDEE’s remediation section has been working with the EPA to sample private drinking wells near some municipal airports for PFAS. This testing is taking place to assess the potential impact of aqueous film-forming foam, a fire suppressant containing PFAS. To date, sampling has not detected PFAS above the EPA health advisory limit. Future sampling on airport property may be conducted in the future. The section has also coordinated with the Nebraska Army National Guard to prepare for potential media interest on the topic.