LOW INTEREST DOLLAR & ENERGY SAVINGS LOAN PROGRAM
Month ending 03/31/20
Prior Month ending 02/29/20
Quarter ending 03/31/20
Fiscal Year ending 06/30/20
Fiscal Year ending 6/30/19
Total Energy Office Loans Outstanding March 31, 2020
Total Energy Office Loans 1990 thru March 31, 2020
- NDEE is nearing completion of a draft air construction permit for Elk Creek Resources, a proposed niobium mining and processing facility. This is the only project of its kind in the U.S. This was initially proposed as a PSD (Potential of Significant Deterioration) source with mandated pre-application site ambient air monitoring, but subsequent changes by the applicant have reduced potential impacts to below PSD thresholds.
- Nebraska’s first Plantwide Applicability Limitation (PAL) air quality construction permit was issued for the OPPD Nebraska City coal-fired power plant. PAL permits are structured to allow changes in operation without going through the permit modification process, as long as the permittee complies with a facility-wide cap on actual emissions for the specified pollutant. The flexibility reduces the need for OPPD to apply for construction permitting activities that would have required separate permitting actions, but helps ensure air quality is not adversely affected.
- In addition to direct outreach to the regulated community, NDEE has developed an agency COVID-19 webpage that provides links to important sources of information, and provides specific NDEE-related information, including:
- Guidance to dairies that are unable to ship milk to producers due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Guidance to allow for operations to have more livestock on site than permitted for;
- Postponement of testing, certification and training dates;
- A message from the Director, explaining that the agency will provide as much flexibility and assistance as lawfully possible, and urging any Nebraska facility that is facing difficulties in complying with environmental requirements to contact the agency.