Public Notice Information
Elk Creek Resources
Johnson County
Elk Creek
Public Notice Documents
All Program Documents
May be slow to load depending on the number of documents
June 26, 2017
August 1, 2017

Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
Water Quality Division

Pursuant to Title 135, Rules and Regulations for Mineral Exploration Holes, Chapter 7, the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality is proposing to reduce Surety for Mineral Exploration in Johnson and Pawnee counties for Elk Creek Resources, PO Box 506, Tecumseh, NE 68450-0506 Mineral Exploration Permit NE0211001. The sites are located in Johnson and Pawnee counties, Nebraska.

Elk Creek Resources has completed mineral exploration hole abandonment and site reclamation as outlined in the above referenced permit. On-site inspections made by personnel from the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality and a records review have been completed to confirm abandonment and reclamation activities.

Persons may request a fact sheet, may comment upon or object to the reduction of the surety, or may request a public hearing by writing to Marty Link, Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality, P.O. Box 98922, Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-8922, prior to August 1, 2017. A request for public hearing shall state the nature of the issues proposed to be raised at a hearing. All comments shall be considered prior to making a decision regarding a public hearing. If the Department of Environmental Quality receives substantive comments regarding this proposed surety reduction, a public hearing may be scheduled.

Copies of the fact sheet and all information pertaining to the surety reduction will be available for viewing and copying at the Department of Environmental Quality, Suite 400, 1200 N Street, The Atrium, in Lincoln between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. weekdays, or mailed upon request. Further information may be obtained from Amanda Jones, Groundwater Unit, Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality, Lincoln, Nebraska (402) 471-4290.

Individuals requiring special accommodations or alternate formats of materials should notify the Department by calling (402) 471-2186. TDD users should call 711 and ask the relay operator to call the Department at (402) 471-2186.

SizeFile Name
18 KB NioCorp_NE0211001 fact.pdf