Public Notice Information
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Public Notice Documents
All Program Documents
May be slow to load depending on the number of documents
August 11, 2022
September 12, 2022


Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy
Air Quality Division

Notice is given to the public, according to Chapter 14 of Title 129 - Nebraska Air Quality Regulations, that the Department is proposing to issue a Class I operating permit to Archer Daniels Midland Company, FID #009169 for a soybean processing plant that produces soybean meal, hull pellets, and soybean oil through a hexane extraction process (Standard Industrial Classification code 2075) located at 130 North Broad Street, Fremont, Dodge County, Nebraska 62526. The potential emissions of regulated air pollutants (in tons per year (tpy)) at this facility will be: 127.02 tpy of Particulate Matter (PM), 75.42 tpy of PM ≤ 10 microns (PM10), 58.35 tpy PM ≤ 2.5 microns (PM2.5), 247.32 tpy Sulfur Dioxide, 172.49 tpy Oxides of Nitrogen, 59.54 tpy Carbon Monoxide, 336.57 tpy Volatile Organic Compounds, 331.50 tpy of Hexane (largest quantity individual Hazardous Air Pollutant (HAP), 336.57 tpy total HAPs, and 42,637.07 tpy Greenhouse Gases CO2 equivalents (CO2e).

Dodge County meets the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for those pollutants subject to a NAAQS and is expected to continue in that status. Dodge County is unclassifiable in regard to the state Total Reduced Sulfur (TRS) standards and no TRS emissions are expected from this project. No impact is anticipated on habitat for any rare or threatened species.

The NDEE proposes to issue a Class I operating permit with specific conditions, based on Title 129, which authorizes to: Limit soybeans received to 729,300 tons/year and soybeans processed to 713,700 tons/year; Limit solvent (VOC and HAP) emissions to 0.165 gallons per ton soybeans processed; Require compliance with NESHAP Subparts A, GGGG, ZZZZ, and DDDDD; Limit sulfur content of fuel types; Require control equipment to reduce PM, PM10, VOC, and HAP emissions; Require proper installation, maintenance, and operation of equipment; Require recordkeeping and reporting to demonstrate compliance with permit conditions.

The proposed permit and supporting materials are available for inspection by the public August 11, 2022 through September 12, 2022 at the office of the NDEE, 245 Fallbrook Boulevard, Lincoln, Nebraska, and electronically at Comments received during this period will be considered prior to the final decision. During this period the applicant, or any interested person or group of persons, may request or petition the Director for a public hearing, the request must state the nature of the issues to be raised and all arguments and factual grounds supporting their position. If a public hearing is granted by the Director, the hearing will be advertised by public notice at least 30 days prior to the hearing.

Inquiries may be made at (402) 471-2186 or . Individuals requiring special accommodations or alternate formats of materials should notify the NDEE by calling (402) 471-2186. TDD users should call (800) 833-7352 and ask the relay operator to call the NDEE at (402) 471-2186. For further information, to submit comments, or request a hearing you may contact the NDEE by email “” or by mail submitted to the attention of David Christensen, Air Quality Division, P.O. Box 98922, Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-8922.

Within 60 days after the US Environmental Protection Agency Administrator review, persons may petition the Administrator to object to the issuance of the proposed permit. Any such petition shall be based only on objections to the permit that were raised with reasonable specificity during the 30-day comment period, unless the petitioner demonstrates that it was not practicable to raise such objection within such period. For specific dates for which the 60-day petition period is open, contact Pamela Ann Rzodkiewicz at (402) 471-2186. Petitions should be submitted electronically through EPA’s Central Data Exchange at . If the petitioner is unable to use the Central Data Exchange, EPA requests that your submission be emailed to . If petitioner is unable to submit electronically, then a hard copy of the petition can be submitted, please contact the permit writer above for EPA’s address.