The process for applying for Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grant or Litter Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants is an online process. Below are instructions and guides to assist in your completion of an application. We encourage you to read and/or view before starting the application process.
General Information about the new online process
- The deadline for the 2017 Waste Reduction award process is 4:00 PM CST Wednesday February 1, 2017.
- The deadline for the 2017 Partial Reimbursement For Purchase of Tire-Derived Products And/or Crumb Rubber award process is 4:00 PM CST Wednesday February 1, 2017.
- The deadline for the 2017 Scrap Tire Collection Site Cleanup For Political Subdivisions award process is 4:00 PM CST Wednesday February 1, 2017.
- The deadline for the 2017 Deconstruction award process is 4:00 PM CST Wednesday February 1, 2017.
- The deadline for the 2018 Litter Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants awards process is 4:00 PM CDT Wednesday September 13, 2017.
If you have previously created a user account and have authorization to use the application, you may skip to the next section on application usage.
- Applications must be submitted using the online process.
- Applications will be reviewed and scored based on the submitted application. Please review your application carefully prior to submitting.
- For security reasons, there is a 90 minute timer running on the application. When you create an application, you must save your work within the 90 minutes. A quick way to save your application is to complete all of the required fields on the General and Narrative tabs and save the application. Using copy and paste for the narrative tabs is an option to save your work within the 90 minutes.
- If you click on the save button before the required fields have been completed on the three tabs of the application, a warning message will appear and the missing required fields will have a red shading or border. There are required fields on the General and Narrative tabs. And in some instances, there will be required fields under the funding tab depending upon the items you may enter. The save button should not be used until the required fields have been completed under all three tabs.
- During the save process, sometimes a red error message will briefly appear while the application is being saved. Once the save process has completed, unless there is an error, the display will change to no longer show the Red error.
- Please use the drop down lists when the option is available.
- You many need to resize the windows of the application to better view the application or attachments. Watch the general navigation guide for assistance.
- All dollar amounts should be rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Dollar signs, commas and decimals are not necessary and should not be used. Once an application is saved, dollar signs will appear with the numbers you entered.
- Attachments – the application will check for the necessary attachments. Please use the appropriate button for attaching required documents. Documents attached with the supporting documents button are not evaluated as part of the submission, but are accepted as part of the submission.
- There is an option to print a draft application prior to submitting the application. The application is not considered to be official until after the deadline. After the deadline, a final copy of the submission will be created and provided to the applicant and NDEQ program staff for consideration.
- Bids - The three bids should be comparable written bids from unrelated vendors.
- Scrap Tire Clean-up applications – 3 bids are required to be submitted with the application.
- Scrap Tire Partial Reimbursement Proposed projects – 3 bids are required to be submitted with the application
- All other applications – 3 bids are required to be included with the application for equipment and contractual services.
- Under equipment, be sure to enter the quantity of specific items you want and the amounts in the boxes should be the total cost of the items you want. EX: if you want two balers with a cost of $500 each, your entries in the grant and match boxes should total $1,000.
- Please confirm your information under the “Funding” tab contains all of the dollar amounts you wish to include in your application. Most of the information under the “Funding” tab is not required by the online system and will not turn red as a warning when you save.
- Personnel expenses include wages, benefits, insurance, etc. Alternatively, you can just enter wages for each position and add one more line and use it for all the other costs including taxes, benefits, etc.
Creating an account and requesting authorization
Online Application usage and instructions
Note: The videos provide below were sized to a smaller window to reduce the file size.
Some items of the screen are moved to allow for a larger display of the area being presented.
Each Video will open in a new tab/window.
The videos DO NOT contain audio instructions
Video Instructions for
Signing on to the online application and general navigation guide
File Size 802 KB
|Login to DEQ - Waste Grant Applications||.|
When you use the above link you may receive a popup error message.
You can ignore the warning and continue, the application will work correctly.
|Create Grant Application video guides|
Create Grant Applications and the general tab of the application video
File Size 1429 KB
The funding tab video
File Size 3216 KB
The application is reviewed and scored based on the answers to the narrative questions. Please provide an answer for each question.
|My Applications Guides|
Working with the saved application video
File Size 1741 KB
Individuals are required to complete and attach an Attestation Form.
Adding attachments to an application video
File Size 1191 KB
Submitting an application video
File Size 1735 KB
|My Applications for next year|
Applications submitted after the deadline will be placed in this location for 30 days. After 30 days, the applications will be moved in to My Submitted Applications for consideration in the next grant award year.
|My Submitted Applications|
Submitted Applications will be placed in this location for the applicant to view. Within a couple days after the deadline
, a PDF version of the application will be created and provided to the applicant by email and also moved on to the agency program staff for review.
An applicant can withdraw an application at any time prior to the deadline. The withdrawn application will be placed in this area. A withdrawn application cannot be resubmitted, a new application will need to be completed.