Applying for a Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grant or Litter Reduction and Recycling Grant is an online process. Above is the NDEQ OnBase Technical Application Guide and below are instructions and information about the applications. We encourage you to read and/or view this information before starting the application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For 2021 grants, the following grant applications will be available early July 2020 with a deadline of Mid-August 2020. Check back here for updates.
Litter Reduction and Recycling Grants
Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants
Partial Reimbursement for Purchase of Tire-Derived Products and/or Crumb Rubber
Scrap Tire Collection Site Cleanup For Political Subdivisions
Cost-Sharing for Scrap Tire Civil Engineering Uses
Deconstruction of Abandoned Buildings
Please note: Applications can only be created and submitted during the open grant period. Please check back for the open and deadline dates posted on this webpage.
Link to create user account and application authorization
Please see the NDEQ OnBase Technical Application Guide, at the top of this page, to see a step-by-step guide on how to register for an account
Link to login and create an application (this link can only be used if a user account has been created and authorized. See above).
State Agencies Only - Applicants who are applying as a state agency, please send your user information request to:
Creating an account and requesting authorization
Please refer to the NDEQ OnBase Technical Application Guide, available for download at the top of the page, for guidance on how to create an account and complete an application.
General Information on the Applications:
- Applications must be submitted using the online process.
- Applications will be reviewed and scored based on the submitted application. Please review your application carefully prior to submitting.
- Please use the drop down lists when the option is available.
- All dollar amounts should be rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Dollar signs, commas and decimals are not necessary and should not be used. Once an application is saved, dollar signs will appear with the numbers you entered.
- Attachments – the application will check for the necessary attachments. Please use the appropriate button for attaching required documents. Documents attached with the supporting documents button are not evaluated as part of the submission, but are accepted as part of the submission.
- There is an option to print a draft application prior to submitting the application. The application is not considered to be official until after the deadline. After the deadline, a final copy of the submission will be created and provided to the applicant and NDEQ program staff for consideration.
- If you are not applying as an organization or political subdivision, a citizen attestation form is required. Please fill this form out and upload it to the grant application using the Citizen Attestation Form upload icon. The form is located at the bottom of this webpage.
- Note: Three comparable bids from individual, unrelated vendors are required with any application for equipment and/or contractual service requests. Each bid must be written and dated.
- Scrap Tire Clean-up applications: three bids are required and needs to be submitted with the application.
- Scrap Tire Partial Reimbursement Proposed projects: three bids are required to be submitted with the application.
- Be sure to enter the quantity of specific items you want and the amounts in the boxes should be the total cost of the items you want. EX: if you want two balers with a cost of $500 each, your entries in the grant and match boxes should total $1,000.
- Personnel expenses include: gross wages, benefits, insurance, etc. Alternatively, you can just enter wages for each position and add one more line and use it for all the other costs including taxes, benefits, etc.
- Funding Tab
- Please confirm your information under the Funding tab contains all of the dollar amounts you wish to include in your application. Most of the information under the Funding tab is not required by the online system and will not turn red as a warning when you save.
Note: Effective Oct. 1, 2009, any individual submitting any application or form that would derive public benefit from the state must also fill out a United States Citizenship Attestation form. This applies to individuals submitting the forms on their own behalf. If applicable, please fill out the United States Citizenship Attestation form below and submit it with the relevant applications and forms.
United States Citizenship Attestation Form