Owners or operators of the following types of solid waste processing facilities are exempt from the permit requirements of Title 132 - Integrated Solid Waste Management Regulations.
Although exempt from permit requirements, operations at the above listed facilities must be in compliance with Title 132, Chapter 2, Section 003.02 which include:
- Compost sites that receive between 20,000 and 100,000 cubic yards annually of yard waste only.
- Compost sites that receive less than 1000 cubic yards of material other than yard waste annually.
- Compost sites that receive between 20,000 and 100,000 cubic yards of yard waste in combination with less than 1000 cubic yards of material other than yard waste annually.
- Compost sites that receive between 1000 and 20,000 cubic yards annually of livestock waste other than that generated by the property owner.
- Solid waste transfer stations receiving waste from vehicles (pick-ups and cars) that are not designed to compact the waste.
- Operations must not constitute a hazard or threat to human health or the environment.
- Effective litter control and disease vector (flies, rodents, etc.) control programs must be implemented.
- The applicable air quality standards of Title 129 - Nebraska Air Quality Regulations must be met (dust, smoke, etc.).
- Discharge of pollutants into waters of the State is prohibited.
- The storage capacity of the facility must not be exceeded.
NDEQ Publications: Produced by: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality, P.O. Box 98922, Lincoln, NE 68509-8922; phone (402) 471-2186. To view this, and other information related to our agency, visit our web site at http://deq.ne.gov.
- NDEQ Waste Management Section - (402) 471-4210
- NDEQ Toll Free Number - (877) 253-2603
- NDEQ Hazardous Waste Compliance Assistant - (402) 471-8308
- Email questions to: NDEQ.firstname.lastname@example.org