The Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants Fund provides grants to assist in financing scrap tire programs and projects. These include, but are not limited to:
1. Partial payment for purchase of tire-derived products and/or crumb rubber
2. Collection site cleanups for political subdivisions, such as scrap tire amnesty day cleanups.
3. Capital and startup costs for processing, manufacturing, collecting, and transporting. Examples:
- Loose crumb rubber for manufacturing or playgrounds
- Loose crumb rubber used as a soil amendment to prevent grass wear
- Mulch products made from crumb rubber
- Playground or walkway mats made from crumb rubber
- Poured-in-place playground surfaces
- Athletic track surfaces made from crumb rubber
- Artificial football or soccer fields made from crumb rubber
4. Cost sharing for manufacturing, processing and civil engineering applications.
- Equipment used to shred, grind, and process scrap tires into crumb rubber
- Equipment to produce rubber-modified asphalt
- Equipment to collect and haul scrap tires
Who can apply?
NDEE encourages private and non-profit entities and organizations and political subdivisions to submit applications for scrap tire program and project grants. All projects must benefit Nebraska.
Related Grants Programs: